New Member Info
Welcome to Onkaparinga Swimming Club! It is great you have joined the Onkaparinga Swimming Club. If requiring additional information just speak to Pat at the pool and help will be given with the required information.
To swim with a club, a swimming SA membership must be obtained. To purchase this, you need to register for an account with Swim Central.
It is important that the parent joins first as the Primary Member (Parent Non- Swimmer) then the swimmer can be added as family members.
The club has a Child Safe Environment policy. It is a requirement for parents or swimmers over 14 who volunteer to have a current DHS WWCC. The Child Safe Policy and instructions on how to apply for the WWCC and how to upload it to your Swim Central Profile can be found on Team App in the Documents section. The instructions are also included below.
All financial members of Swimming SA over the age of 14 years are eligible to apply for a free Working With Children Check (WWCC) through Swimming SA. To register:
- Use the Swimming SA link and enter your details onto the form (name, email address, date of birth, club name): https://form.jotform.co/swimmingsaevents/wwc-application-form
- Swimming SA will process your WWCC request. If you meet the age and membership criteria Swimming SA will initiate your FREE WWCC application with the Department of Human Services (DHS).
- DHS will email through your WWCC application link to your nominated email address. You will need to complete the online application form, provide/upload 100 points of ID and submit the application.
- If you’re unable to have your ID verified online (foreign passport, birth certificate, under 18years), you will need to have the Requesting Organisation – Swimming SA verify your documents. Normally the documents need to be verified in-person by Swimming SA, but during COVID times they are happy to accept an emailed copy of ID to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- 100 points of ID minimum – The combination of the applicant’s identity documents must include the applicant’s full name, the date of birth, at least one document from Category A or Category B, and a photograph of the applicant (in an item from any category).
- a signed copy of the Page 6 of the application form, which must be signed by a parent/guardian for people under 18 years of age.
- Swimming SA will then compile the signed application and proof of identity and send off to DHS.
- Once you have received your WWCC, you will need to upload a copy to Swim Central.
NOTE: Delays of up to four weeks may be experienced in processing screening checks due to unprecedented demand for the National Police Checking Service (NPCS). Read the latest on screening application delays.
When it is revealed that an individual has a criminal history, this information will be treated in accordance with the Child Safe Environments: Standards for dealing with information obtained about the criminal history of employees and volunteers who work with child.
The Stack Team App is the most used form for communication for the club. On the home landing page there is a logo/link, just click on it and you will be directed to the Team App
16 AD Army Pool Inverbrackie – Onkaparinga Swimming Club Program
Mon Wed Thur
session 1 – 4:30 – 5:15 junior/masters
session 2 – 5:15 – 6:00 junior/masters
session 3 – 6:00 – 7:00 seniors
session 1 – 2:00 – 3:00 juniors/masters
session 2 – 3:00 – 4:00 senior
Adelaide Aquatic Centre – North Adelaide
3:30 – 5:00pm
Any questions phone: 0423 520 633
A parent or guardian must sign the child in and out of the venue. The speed limit is no more than 30km/h in the army base grounds and only the top car park must be used.
Woodside Pool and Adelaide Aquatic Centre
Entry fees are the responsibility of each family not the club. Passes must be purchased for entry.
As a new member it’s often very confusing which carnivals to enter, which strokes to swim and how to nominate your child. It is best to discuss details with Head Coach Pat Wheeler.
The Club Champs are fun and friendly events run over the summer months. It is an intra club event where the children choose up to 6 races from the following (3 from each column):
|Age Group Events – Aggregate A
|Championship Events – Aggregate B
The next level up are the EDSA (Eastern Districts Inter-club carnivals). These carnivals are a competition between the Onkaparinga, Mountain Pool, Murray Bridge, Strathalbyn and Mallee clubs. They are an excellent introduction to swimming carnivals as they are generally friendlier and less formal than the bigger meets. We also pair the kids who are new to competing with a ‘Buddy’, one of the older swimmers who will guide and support them.
There are 5 or 6 EDSA meets over the Spring/Summer season and they are generally held at Strathalbyn, Murray Bridge and Woodside pools and are perfect for trying to get qualifying times for Countries.
Can be attended by any Swimming SA member.
SA Country Championships
A highlight of the swimming year is the SA Country Championships. This is a fantastic meet which is fun for all members to attend, the more the merrier! It runs over 4 days in January and although qualifying times are needed for part of the meet, children aged 11.
and under without the qualifying times, can take part in the Superfish carnival which is held on the first afternoon of the meet. Many of the kids are also included in relay races over the weekend.
When attending these events and carnivals it’s important to present as a team, which also gives the kids a sense of belonging. Onkas has a great uniform which is bright and distinctive and very good quality.
A variety of items are available from bucket hats to swim parkas. The polo shirt and swimming cap should be the first purchases as all members need to wear these at events. All these items can be purchased from the club by speaking to Jo Weir (Uniform Representative) or Pat Wheeler (Head Coach). The price list is below:
|Swim Coat (Parka) must be ordered – out of stock
|Polo Shirt (yellow/green)
|Club Shorts – out of stock
|Black Jackets (Hoodies)
|Parent Black Club Polo
|Countries Warm-up Cap
|Onkas Bathers – Mens Trunk
|Onkas Bathers – Mens Jammers
|Onkas Bathers – Boys Trunk
|Onkas Bathers – Boys Jammers
|Onkas Bathers – Ladies
|Onkas Bathers – Girls